Monday, July 03, 2006

Morning Musings

Just my morning musings...

I'm waiting for everyone to get ready to leave the house.
We're going river tubing today, one of the very few activities that I'm still allowed to do.

I always wondered how it would feel to be pregnant?
The pregnancy books tell me that my range of emotions are due to hormone changes in my body. That eleviates the feelings of guilt.

I'm excited.
I can't wait to meet Chris' baby!
What will he look like?

I'm terrified.
I don't remember anything about taking care of babies.
How will I know what to do?

I'm horrified.
I read ahead in the pregnancy book.
OK, don't give me too much credit.
I flipped through the pictures of what happens to your body during the third trimester.
Labor might be natural, but it also looks painful.
Not to be pessimistic, but that's just my observation.
Maybe I'm wrong?

I'm lonely.
Now that Kayla and Erica are back, we have to act like everything is normal. Chris has been the only person that I can talk to about this experience, and now I can't even talk to him.

I'm depressed.
I just lost 32 pounds, only to pack it back on and then some.
Just for the record, I was 166 pounds at the time of conception.
How long will it take me to see that on the scale again?

I'm awe-struck.
Just the thought of a human being growing inside my body is overwhelming and awe-inspiring. I'm still in shock.

I'm in denial.
We haven't heard the heartbeat yet or seen the ultrasound, so what if all the symptoms are in my head?
Nah.

I'm boring.
Really, who wants to hang out with a preggo lady that always has a tummy ache and can't walk across the room without feeling exhausted?
I am a major party pooper lately.
How can my family stand me?

I'm in love.
Whoever this little person is inside me, I love him already.
Despite the nausea.

No comments: