Friday, July 21, 2006

Dad, the Baby Expert


We got our first copy of Baby Talk magazine in the mail last night.
Chris read it while I was cooking dinner.

I’m impressed.

First of all, I thought Chris probably knows everything he wants to know because he has done all of this before. Twice.

He is already an expert on all things related to baby care.
Although, when I say expert, I really mean that he knows a lot more about feeding, diapering, and soothing than I do.
At least, I hope he knows what he is doing.
Someone should.

So, as Chris is browsing through the baby magazine, eyes filled with wonder, I hear questions like:

“Why would you keep a baby’s cord blood?”

And

“Did you know that there are lots of different models of breast pumps out there?”

And

“Why is there an ad for birth control in a baby magazine? Isn’t it too late?”

As much as this man makes me smile, he makes my heart melt even more.

He’s such a fabulous Daddy!

1 comment:

modest-goddess said...

DAWN! How did you find me, this is so strange. My mom mentioned a month ago that she had ran into you somewhere and I was mad at her for not getting your number.
ladonnanichole@hotmail.com