Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I Had A Dream….

I had another dream last night.
I hope these are not prophecies of things to come.
I feel so sorry for this kid already.

I dreamt that we were at home with our baby.
The baby was a boy!
(Another boy! Does this mean anything?)

The baby was hungry, so he decided to latch on.

Great job!
I knew we could breastfeed!

My immediate reaction is “Oh, no! We need our Boppy!”
I put the baby down on the couch and go to his room to start unpacking boxes.
In real life, would I really let this baby be born before his boxes were unpacked?
I don’t think so.

Meanwhile, we are not in our house, but we are in our old apartment.
The baby is in the living room on our old blue Lazy Boy couches while I search through boxes looking for our Boppy.
(I left the baby alone on the couch?!!?)

The baby is screaming.

I finally find the Boppy and we resume feeding.

Until I notice that the baby has milk dribbling down his chin.
My immediate reaction is “Oh, no! We need a bib.”

I put the baby back down on the couch and go look for a bib.
I’m unpacking boxes looking for the blue bib with the turtle on it.

The baby is screaming.

I suddenly hear someone say,
“Hey, lady! Would you just give the kid a boob already?!!?”

Who said that?

Was it Chris?

Was it Baby?

I find the bib, put it on the baby, and give him the boob that he is waiting for.

I’m proud of myself because it’s actually working.

Then I wake up to pee and the dream is over.

**Just for the record, the baby has milky white skin, very light blonde hair, and blue eyes. His hair is just barely there, so it’s impossible to tell if it will be curly like his Dad.

And he likes boobs, just like his Dad.

No comments: