Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Feel the Burn

I must admit, as much as I will miss being pregnant, I have found two pregnancy symptoms that I will not miss:

1. Heartburn

2. Hot Flashes

I really shouldn’t complain about the heartburn since it’s usually only a problem when I don’t eat often enough. Eating always seems to solve the problem, so it’s not so bad.

I really can complain about the hot flashes, though. I am ordinarily a freeze baby, but I am burning up lately. Do you know how hard it is to be graceful at work when you have sweat dripping off your face? Thank goodness it is the middle of winter.

I also find myself ripping my clothes off in the middle of the night. I’d do it during the day, too, but it’s not socially acceptable in our culture.

I was starting to get worried, so I asked my doctor if it was normal during our last prenatal visit. Fortunately, I started having a hot flash at that very moment and my doctor had a good laugh because my entire body turned bright red. Chris didn’t believe it until he felt the sweat dripping down my back.

It will be nice to sleep with my socks on again.


No comments: