Monday, January 08, 2007

Countdown

I have so many feelings regarding the impending birth of our Baby Squirt.

I’m really going to miss having my baby growing inside of me. I’ve loved being pregnant. Every day is a miracle and the sensation of feeling your baby move inside of you is indescribable.

I’m so happy for Chris because he will finally get to hold this baby all by himself. Chris and Squirt have secret meetings in the middle of the night while I am asleep. I’ve woken several times in the middle of the night to find Chris exploring my belly and Baby Squirt bouncing around for Daddy. For some reason, Squirt settles down whenever Daddy rubs my belly during the day, but the baby likes to entertain Daddy at night.

I can’t wait for the hotflashes to be over!

I can’t wait to use all of our adorable baby clothes!

I can’t wait to start taking pictures!

I’m intimidated by the thought of caring for a baby and working a full-time job and keeping our house organized and preparing my Sunday school lessons and volunteering at church and grocery shopping and finding time to talk to my husband. It must be possible!

I’m looking forward to breastfeeding. Although it’s intimidating, I’m glad I’ll still have one way to keep my little baby close to me.

Those are all of my thoughts for today!


No comments: