Monday, September 11, 2006

Hot Mama

I look like crap.

My hair is now brown. I have sacrificed the identity that the entire world has known since my adolescence. I am plain Jane. No longer the red-head that could easily be picked out of a line-up.

I suppose it was my choice, but how much choice did I have? The effects of hair color on an unborn fetus are unknown, but scientific studies have proven that the chemicals are absorbed through the mother’s scalp. UGH! What kind of mother would I be if I exposed my baby to unnecessary chemicals every 2-3 weeks just for the sake of vanity?

I suppose I didn’t have to go brown. I could have gone for the red hair with dark brown roots a mile long look. But I do have some pride.

As if the hair is not bad enough, I am destined to spend the next several weeks living in elastic pants.

And the flat shoes I ordered have arrived.

So I am plain, fat, and short.

Every girl’s nightmare….

But ironically, my dream come true.

No comments: